Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weather Changes Aggravate My Bipolar Disorder

Good morning! Today's temps will be in the high 60s! The sun has risen and it promises to be a bright and beautiful day. I didn't get much sleep last night. The sudden change in weather really messes up my attitude and moods. So much for winter easing into spring - spring does not officially arrive until next Tuesday - we are destined to experience a slam into a possible summer-like environment. Across the country today it will go into the 80s! As I said, this sudden and major shift of temperatures does not help me stay on an even keel. It is true, at least for me, that warmer weather keeps me positive. But the ever changing up and down temps shift my rapid cycling bipolar disorder into an avalanche of confusion, agitation and restlessness. The solution for me at this moment? I will be going in to nap for several hours and hope that when I awake I will feel better. Does anyone else have this problem? Blessings be...

No comments:

Post a Comment