Thursday, April 19, 2012

I would like to get into the topic of exhaustion and bipolar disorder. I take no less than ten medications daily for my bipolar disorder, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol. A couple are anti-psychotic meds. I have gained a LOT of weight and am planning on speaking to my psychiatrist and therapist when I see them next week. The reason(s)? I am sleeping almost constantly. I go to bed at 11 pm and fall asleep within ten minutes. I sleep until approximately 6 am. I wake up, get dressed and putter around the house. Within an hour I am exhausted and go back to bed. It is not uncommon for me to sleep until 3 pm. That's 8 more hours of sleep. I stay up about an hour then go back to bed. I feel so listless and drugged I cannot begin to explain it adequately. I will get back up around 7 pm, watch some TV, then go in for the night at 11, and start all over again... Do I have chronic fatigue syndrome? Am I depressed big time? Have I contracted mono? Perhaps I am bored. I have no idea. I saw my cardiologist yesterday and he thinks it is the amount and types of meds I take. He also increased my blood pressure medication as my BP is on the elevated side. Any comments would be helpful; thanks for listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment