Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Changing of the Guard - Whoops, I Meant Meds!

Today I had an emergency appointment with my therapist as well as my psychiatrist. I must tell you all that after all the years of trying to find people who honestly care about my health and well-being, I finally found two men who fit the bill. I explained my constant feelings of exhaustion and need to sleep up to 14 hours a day. I expressed my resentment that I am gaining so much weight while taking two anti-psychotics. My therapist said that since I stopped smoking cold turkey 10 weeks ago that could be a big part of me being so tired - no nicotine, no stimulants to my system. He wrote everything down and I then saw my psych. I said can I stop taking some and decrease the anti-psychotics? He said stop taking the Luvox immediately, drop to 400 mg of Seroquel a day, and he wrote me a scrip for 150 mg of Wellbutrin, which will be increased to 300 mg in a month. He echoed my therapist's thoughts. They were both ecstatic that I quit smoking. Now I have to change my diet and exercise more. Will this ever end? I mean, it took me YEARS to stop smoking and I'm still reveling in the glow of my accomplishment - can I just have some time to say YAY ME!? Just a little bit of happiness? I am happy that I'm changing meds; I was on Wellbutrin before and I did lose weight. We are just very concerned that it will make me manicky, so I must be vigilant and careful of mood swings. Hope y'all are having a good day ~ it is sunny, bright and in the 60s here ~ thank You God for the blessings!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment